“I’m running for city council in District 8 because I want to be the voice for small business and property owners who want elected leaders to be mindful of our tax dollars and public safety.”
"I want to put my experience to work to better our community"
Rob and Melinda have been married for twenty-seven years. Their beautiful family has three children: Megan, Robbie, Diego and of course “Cooper” the dog. Rob is a parishioner at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and volunteers with community organizations, including The Knights of Columbus, VFW Post 9186 and the St Vincent de Paul Society.
Rob is a graduate of Leadership San Antonio and the Alex Briseno Leadership Development Program. Rob served four years on the COSA Planning Commission and as its Chairman for two. He has been active on the boards and committees of:
• Red Cross-SA Chapter • SA Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• SAWS Community Conservation Committee • FIRST Robotics
• Texas Association of Home Care & Hospice • Goal Setting Committee
• Texas Silver Haired Legislature Foundation • Alamo Area Home Care Council • Small Business Advocacy Committee • Citizen's Bond Advisory Committee
Rob's past experience includes work with the Goal Setting Committee, Mayor’s Taskforce on Small Business and he currently is involved with the SA Board of Realtors, Real Estate Council of San Antonio, Youth Orchestra of San Antonio, CCIM-SA Chapter and the Southside First Economic Development Council.
Advocate for Business
• Graduate, Harlandale High School
• MBA, University of Texas San Antonio
• BS Education, Texas Tech University (ROTC Distinguished Military Graduate)
• United States Army Veteran
• United States Army Airborne School
• Successful Entrepreneur
• Owned/operated a local healthcare service company serving SA for 20 years
• Partner in a local craft soda beverage manufacturer
• Managing Partner of a San Antonio commercial real estate firm involved in
the acquisition and disposition of land and commercial property throughout South Texas
Advocate for Small Business
Equal distribution of Small Business COVID/Relief funds
Equal access to SA Ready to Work job training funds
Align procurement methods economic development programs
Champion for Tax Payers
Raise San Antonio homestead tax exemption
Stop expansion of non-essential city services
Find permanent funding solutions for Edwards Aquifer protection and linear Creekway projects.
Public Safety We Deserve
Negotiate a new police contract to make us safer and raise police department entry standards
Oppose annexations that drain tax dollars from existing safety and infrastructure needs
Restore District 8’s fair share of funding for infrastructure improvements